Wednesday, February 20, 2013

God's Silence

"When He had heard therefore that he was sick, He abode two days in the same place where He was."  John 11:6

This is the verse that Oswald Chambers used in an entry for "My Utmost for His Highest".  He speaks this day about God's silence as it was at Bethany for Lazarus' family.  This is something that God is teaching me lately, about His silence in my life.  He's teaching me about having patience and to wait on His perfect timing and perfect will.  Could it be the same as my timing and will?  That shouldn't matter as a servant of the King.  My life was bought with a price and it is not my own.  Yes, He puts desires in our hearts as we live according to His will.  It is His silence, Oswald Chambers shares, that tells me He is "bringing me unto Himself" and "giving me a gift".

Jesus actually said in John 11:4, "...This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby."  May God be glorified in and through the silence!  He is working out His plan through it!  I do want the Lord to get the glory so, it must be worked out the way He sees fit.  Thank you God for loving us enough to have a plan and that you're working in my life!

My heart has peace in knowing that God hears the cries of His own and I have confidence that I am resting in His sovereign place of waiting on Him.

How it must have been painful to the dear friends of Jesus, Mary and Martha when Jesus waited and didn't come to Lazarus when He was alive.  Do you think they would've responded in upset had they known that God was going to bring such a miracle upon them all?  I think not.  I think they would've quietly mourned and had a joy deep in their heart anticipating what God was going to do.  There would've been a smile through the tears.  That is what God is teaching me too, having that joy while waiting.  I should be bubbling over with it in anticipation of His works and His ways!

If you've ever read "My Utmost for His Highest", Chambers' biography, or any of his other books you'll understand the life that was behind these words.  He speaks from experience.  He lived it.  It inspires me to do the same.

Looking to Him - Kelly

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading the book "Lazerus Awakening" by Joanna Weaver, which really brings alive the story of Lazerus, and the depth of God's love - even when we don't always feel it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you Sarah! We've enjoyed your comments on the blog. The book sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing the title. I'll have to look that one up!

      Delete