Monday, September 23, 2013

Summer Happenings...in September - Part II

Jumping right in to the second part of our summer/September post here - we're starting off with Abigail's birthday that was on July 6th!

Abigail
"Source of Joy"
"Thou wilt shew me the path of life in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand are pleasures forever more."  Ps. 16:11

Susan
"Pure in Grace"
"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly."  Ps. 84:11

Happy Birthday to our baby girl!  No one can ever take your place in our family!  I'm proud to call you my namesake and you truly do bring such joy to us all!  You are always so unselfish, encouraging, caring, and desire to deeply connect with all you know!  You always care about sharing the love of Jesus with others around you wherever you go!  It is encouraging to see you look for people to invest in to help them grow in the Lord!  Your willingness to stand alone has proved your loyalty to your Lord!  You're such emotional support for all in the family and you always bring such sunshine to every room you enter!  Your love and gift of music fills the house when you're here and it's never the same when you're not!  It's so exciting to see you reach such a big milestone with so much depth in your walk with the Lord!  We're proud of you! 

~HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY, CHIPMUNK~

With all of our LOVE ~
Mama & Daddy
xoxoxoxox

*A side note:  For those of you that are wondering if I made a type-o on putting "Susan" as the middle name for both the girls' birthday posts, it's not a type-o.  They both have the same middle name and it is also my middle name!  It is the Adams family female name!  It was Nick's idea. =) We had named Madelyn's middle name after me for two reasons.  The first reason was because Nick wanted her named after me.  The second was because my only sibling, Mark Anthony King, died when I was pregnant with Madelyn.  She was born only 6 days away from his birthday.  I wanted to name her after him some how, but, as you can see, the name would be difficult for a female.  My brother was 3 1/2 years old when I was born and he picked out my middle name - Susan!  So, that was as close as naming her after him as we could get.  When Abigail came along Nick wanted to use it again to make it a tradition and have her named after me as well.  It means more to me than I ever imagined it would. =)  Wow, that was a long side note! ha









Good times with family and the summer rolling along...



 



Our church, Victory Baptist, had a vacation Bible school with the theme Armor of God.  I'm so thankful for a church that keeps the themes actually Biblically focused.  I lead the crafts for approximately 150 children per night!  I had lots of help.  The girls helped me help the children with crafts, media, and sharing the Gospel (6 got saved that we know of!).  Gray was a troop leader of smaller children & helped the children with crafts.

I made these medieval costumes for the girls.



These are from the VBS play that was awesome!  Bro. Mark & Kelley did a great job heading up the whole week.


Our church had a Youth Ralley with about 2,200 in attendance from churches all over the southeast!  The choir is filled with youth folks.  It was very powerful & approximately 50 received Christ as Savior or renewed their commitment to Him!



They wrote a play that is a modern day rendition of Judgement Day.  It was incredibly moving and brought a realization to many of what the Revelation of John, as Pastor calls it, tells us will happen on that day.


Here are our fave angels that were in the play. =)  Aren't they adorable?!

Nick & I helped with lunch time.

There were some parody's done of some Southern Gospel songs that were shown at the Youth Rally on the big screens.  They were HILARIOUS!  The girls helped film one of them.  This is one from the song "All the Way".  Their theme was hash browns all the way from, yes, you guessed it - or should you admit that you recognized it - Waffle House! ha   I like to go for a smothered and covered once in a while too. =)

The girls went to Six Flags for the day with the college/singles group at church! 

Well, we come to the last documented event of our summer...Madelyn went to Canada and was in the wedding of one of her best friends, Leah!  The girls met while on a mission trip to Taiwan and China together and they worked together at IBLP HQ.  Madelyn did everyone's hair for the wedding.  I wish I had pictures of all the beautiful twists, curls and braids of how she put each girls hair up.  Congratulations Leah & Steve!







No comments:

Post a Comment